Free portable document reader that runs fast and takes up less room
- Category PDF
- License Trial version
- Version 2.5.313.1
- Size 17.60 MB
- Works under Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 2000
- Language English
- Program by Tracker Software
PDF Xchange Viewer is a tool that functions as both a PDF reader and an editor that lets you edit and create files of your own.
When you use your computer for work or school, you probably view PDF files often. Many colleges and universities use PDF forms to show prospective and current students the upcoming schedule for the semester and the classes they must take to graduate. If you work from home, you need to look over PDF files that your clients and employers send. You may even use these forms when filing your taxes at the end of the year. PDF Xchange Viewer is a free tool that lets you edit and view PDF documents and forms.
Like other PDF viewers and readers, it places the content of the page on the center of your screen. If you look at a longer file that has multiple chapters or headers, you'll see that information listed in the table of contents on the left. When you need to take notes for a project, you can use the Sticky Notes feature to highlight a passage and add your own note.
It also comes with virtual/digital stickers that you can add when editing or creating a file. Those stickers will let others know whether this is a draft, whether the document doesn't yet have approval or if you approved the document. Other stickers let others know that the document is confidential, top secret, not for public release or for select departments only. The introductory version of the software is free to use, but the software will ask you frequently to upgrade. The trial version does not come with all the tools and features of the full program either.
While it does work with documents you started in another program, creating brand new PDF documents is hard. The program will not let you delete an entire page either but will let you delete individual sentences or sections. You also need to change the default settings. PDF Xchange Viewer will turn on all features in the default setting, which can make changing your documents hard. Though PDF Xchange Viewer does have some minor flaws, the developers released a new update that removes some of those flaws to help the app function better. It serves as an easy way to edit documents and read PDF files on your computer.
- Comes with lots of tools for editing PDF documents for work or school
- Functions as a PDF reader for viewing files on your computer
- Includes a Sticky Note feature for marking sections you want to read again
- Enables you to add your own stickers after approving or reading a document
- Free/trial version lacks all of the full features
- Default settings make the user interface look cluttered and confusing
- Lacks support for creating entirely new PDF documents
- Doesn't come with as much product support as some would like